- Data Development Services Overview
Successful implementation of any GIS depends upon converting the existing data in a manner that is consistent with the goals and business practices of the organization. It essentially involves capturing information from various sources and moving it to a centralized GIS database.
Magnasoft has extensive experience in dealing with issues associated with land base and facility database conversion and has assisted municipalities, consulting firms, utility companies facility managers, town planners, architects and engineers.
Our typical approach is:
- Study and Understanding the legacy system existing in the client’s premises
- Design and implement established quality procedures
- Provide value added services not restricted to a single platform and multiple output formats
- Design an optimized workflow and communication model
- Typical Data Conversion Sources & services
- Hard copy maps
- Satellite Images
- Aerial Orthophotos
- CAD files
- Scanned images
- Survey data
- Map Index books
Our success is attributed to our skilled personnel, proven QA/QC systems, unparalleled client communications and competitive pricing.
- GIS/2D Vector Mapping
- Data Capture and CAD Conversion
- Utility/Parcel/Cadastral Mapping
- Navigation Mapping
- Geo-referencing & Geo-coding
- NHD Updates
- Building Footprint Mapping
- Remote Sensing
- Image Acquisition & Interpretation
- Topo Mapping
- DEM Creation & Ortho
- Mosaicking, Tiling & Edge Matching
- Color Balancing & Contour Generation
- Surface Analysis
Certain projects require the translation of existing non GIS format digital data obtained from legacy systems to GIS enabled data formats. Such data formats are migrated using our in-house automated tools. These tools are designed such that the data is migrated seamlessly and the geometry of the data is maintained in the process. Typically these projects involve migration from various file formats to either ESRI’s geo-database or Oracle Spatial.
- Typical Source Data formats for Migration
- AutoCAD .dwg
- Microstation. dgn
- MapInfo .tab
- ESRI shape files or coverage’s
Additionally, Magnasoft imparts experienced technical assistance and actual maintenance/ updating services for general mapping, land base and facility records
- Photogrammetry Services Overview
Magnasoft is well equipped to provide the full range of services in digital photography. Magnasoft’s Photogrammetry team can produce superior quality of plannimetric and topographic data that adheres to the client specification consistently and on time. Our project expertise ranges from creating basic plannimetric features to complex 3D city models to post processing of LiDAR data.
- Photogrammetry Services
- Aerial Triangulation
- Stereo compilation (Restitution)
- DEM/DTM Generation
- Orthophoto Production
- Ortho rectification
- Ortho Mosaicing
- Seamline / Cutline editing
- Color Balancing
- Tile cutting
- LiDAR Services
- Generation of Elevation Profiles
- Digital Surface Models
- TIN and Contour Generation
- Surface and Land use Classification
- Extraction of Building and Features
- Software Development Services
Magnasoft offers a gamut of value added services in the field of GIS which includes GIS Application development project lifecycle.
- Requirement Analysis (Organization, Hardware, Software, Data and Applications)
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Feasibility Study
- Database and Application Evaluation
- Preparation of Implementation Plan
- Beta Testing
- Design and Conceptualization of solutions.
As a proof of concept developed from Consultancy studies or requirements provided by the client, Magnasoft can take up the development of a prototype at a rapid pace.
- Database And Application Design
- Existing System Evaluation (Hardware, Software, Data and Applications)
- Database, Application, Hardware, Software, and Communication Network
- GIS/GPS Integration
- Application Development & Migration Services
Magnasoft builds custom applications based on specific needs and complexity of requirements. We invest time in understanding client requirements, and then develop tailor complete solutions that deliver tangible value to the enterprise. We consider every aspect of the problem - from the underlying business processes to the importance of change management and merits of various technologies. We then develop unique spatial information systems that move client businesses forward and yield a measurable return on investment.
- GIS System Integration
Magnasoft is capable of integrating GIS services starting from preparing needs assessment to develop the GIS applications and training the users. Magnasoft offers the following integration services.
- GIS Integration with workflow and messaging systems
- GIS Integration with back-end databases and legacy systems
- Internet and Intranet solutions
- Integration with imaging and document management systems
- Integration with visualization and modeling systems
- Integration with GPS systems
Magnasoft has developed user specific Intranet/Internet GIS applications on ArcGIS Server, ArcIMS and Map Guide, for transportation & mobile asset management, utilities and network planning and land administration.
- Implementation Services
- Application testing
- System installation and testing
- Hosting Web Services and maintenance
- 3D Laser Scanning Data Services
Laser triangulation is one of the most common techniques of 3D data acquisition. It is an active stereoscopic technique where the distance to the object is computed by means of a directional light source and a video camera. Figure One illustrates this triangulation principle.
2D arrays are faster and more accurate. 2D array of the CCD camera captures the surface profile's image and digitizes all data points along the laser. A simple expansion of this technique allows the complete geometry of the object to be captured
- Proposed Service Offerings
- 3D As-built Updation
- Reverse Engineering
- Wireframe Models
- NURBS / Rapid Surface Model
- Solid Model
- Noise Elimination & Polygon Reduction
- Surface Texturing / Photo draping
- Animation / Walk thru
The following are the areas of applications of Laser Scanning.
- Architectural Restoration
When original accents are lost the 3D Laser scan of the original object can be used to recreate templates and molds for many items including hand carved wooden posts, plaster appliqué, and metal hardware. Using CNC machining, replica components can be manufactured. "When an original is too expensive, make a new antique."
- Historical Archival / Museum
Exact replicas of original art and historical artifacts can be created from 3D Laser Scans, providing historians and enthusiasts access to rare and delicate specimens for study. Replicas could be placed out for museum visitors to touch and hold.
Virtual Museums could be made available worldwide, while original specimens remains protected.
- Manufacturing & Reverse Engineering
When there is an existing sample, scanning is the ideal basis for run of replacement parts. When replacement parts no longer exist, reverse engineering and short run manufacturing is often the only way to keep antique or legacy equipment in service.
- Forensics and Deformation Analysis
For inspection of a failed part, a comparison can be made between a scanned model and the original CAD model or other sample.
- Fabrication and Construction Inspection
Quality and integrity of manufacturing can be assured by comparing a production sample to both the original CAD file and a sample known to be within spec.
- Hide details